Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lately

Hello blogger followers who are mostly my family:). Sorry I blog so sporadically. A lot going on lately with the house and it takes all my attention. That and my back has hurt for about 5 weeks now. But it is better--at about 90% which means I can finally work out again! I went to induro spinning today. We went to Ireland--beautiful! Right now I am sitting at my new kitchen island and I have fiber one blueberry muffins in the oven. I prepared them using the light above the stove and I have on the fan above the stove--both features I've never had before. And the dishwasher is quietly purring away--it used to be that I couldn't really cook or do anything in the kitchen when the dishwasher was running because I had to drag the whole machine over and hook it up to the faucet. Really, I feel like I'm living in luxury! I went to the grocery store today and put the groceries away in the beautiful double door fridge and the pantry:). If I want to later, I can fill up my giant tub and read in there then walk into my giant walk in closet to get my jammies on. I put a hook for my robe right over the heat vent so its always toastie when I put it on:). I think the guys are coming to lay the carpet in there tomorrow then I'll really feel like I'm in luxury. Speaking of luxury! My mom and I are planning another resort trip! This one to jamaica! It looks unbelievable! I'm so spoiled! The kids are coming home in 5 days! I'm terribly excited! I haven't done a doggone thing for Christmas--not one thing. I haven't baked, bought a single gift, sent a card or decorated. I guess it will be a "participatory" year. We did go to a Christmas party last night which was fun. I usually do not like parties where I have to dress up and people act all fake and nice but this one was good. It was put on by MCC for the staff. Scott and I got on our nice clothes (in our new spa bathroom and walk in closet:) and were treated to a fabulous steak and salmon dinner complete with cherries jubilee and bananas foster (yes, I had both deserts or is it desserts). Then we watched the best Christmas program I've ever seen. Just 6 students who did simple but truly inspiring and worshipful Christmas music with meaningful short skits in between. I was impressed. It helped so much with my bah humbug attitude. I'm counting on the kids to want to do all the Christmas preparations together. I also hope the kids won't mind "participating" in the renovation while they are here. I need some input on the paint colors for the hallway, kitchen, dining room, and trim. And then help actually painting them! Then maybe we can put the Christmas tree up and decorate! Sometimes I feel like there is so much more to do on the house and then other times I think, my goodness, this could be done so soon! Here is what is done: The repairs to the big room walls and ceiling upstairs, the entire upstairs bathroom, the main bathroom (all except the glass shower walls), the walk in closet (sans carpet), the kitchen counters and countertops and appliances, the foundation laid for the new addition. What is left to do: demo the closets in the master bedroom and repair the walls and ceiling in there and put up the new lights and ceiling fan. In the kitchen, paint, backsplash, sliding glass door, some sheetrock, and trim. The new room has the foundation laid so it will need the heating and air, electricity and walls put up then the wall removed, the big window moved and french doors put in, then redecorate the front room entirely and refinish all the floors. And repair the windows in the front and put in the front door insert, repair the stairs and build the portico. Ok, upon reexamination, I guess we are only about 50% done. I did show Scott what I wanted for Christmas: slippers so he bought them and some pj's for the dogs! I told my mom I wanted rugs for the bathroom so she said buy them so we did! I hope they are the right color. Need input! ok, blogger people, I'll try to blog again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment