Saturday, December 17, 2011

Perfect Days

Yesterday, Friday, I took off work and slept in til about 8:30. When I got up, there were guys working on the new room outside and Rex the contractor was here! I got to talk to him about where we are with the renovation progress and it made me feel hopeful:). I had my quiet time and took a bath in my wonderful new bathtub and got dressed in my wonderful new walk in closet then ran to the bank and grand ol trunk and left town! It was sunny and mild out. I got to the Sprint store in Topeka to get my phone fixed and instead of waiting 2 hours as I expected, there were 4 guys waiting for customers! It only took 30 seconds for him to fix my phone! So I took off for KC and picked up my Leah at David's house in KC! We did a little Christmas shopping and then went to see my Dad and Jean. My Dad is hilarious. We went to the little coffee shop at Aberdeen and drank cappacino then went back to the apartment and took naps. I even woke myself up snoring! When we went to dinner, walking down the hall a guy came by and my Dad called, "Hi Henry" to him and he said, "Hi Dick". I was impressed and said to Jean, "He knows their names!" She said, "No, that's Wes. He calls them all Henry." I laughed so hard! On the way to dinner my Dad told us about 6 times that if we didn't like what was on the menu, we could order steak. We had a wonderful meal of brisket and scalloped potatoes and apple pie then went back to the apartment and watched "Elf". About 9:30 we left for the airport and picked up Hannah and Joel! I was expecting their flight to be super late and it was basically on time! I love being with my kids so I was already happy and content hanging out with Leah and I got all three! We had fun in the car talking and laughing at Joel who couldn't hear out of his right ear from the plane and he kept talking really softly. We got back to the house at a reasonable 12:45 and Joel's friends were over to greet him. Got to bed about 1:30.
Today was wonderful also! The guys were here early putting up walls so I got up about 8:30 again and had my quiet time. Lele got up pretty early with me, too. We got dressed and other than a key fiasco and great difficulty getting Joel up, left for the lake at a reasonable time. Christmas at the Lake day--a Clark family tradition! This one was particularly fun with excellent fellowship. All of the Kuenzi's were there (with the exception of Kevin--sad). We love hanging out with the Kuenzi's and Lauren and Season added to the enjoyment of the day. The meal was delish as usual and the games fun. Then we all just sat around and talked and laughed! Toward the end we were working on our dance moves and tried to do the "stanky leg" and were horrible dancers. We got home at a decent time and the girls went running and I ran on the treadmill at the gym. I feel like this time with everyone home will be relaxed and non stressful. A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment