Thursday, November 10, 2011
Christmas X 3
So I've waited and waited and all on the same day, I get my appliances, my toilet back, and the bathroom AND kitchen sinks hooked up! What are the chances? So I got home from work (an exhausting day, I might add) and there were trucks and vans parked all down the block--all for us! I came in and Rex the contractor was in the kitchen and there were boxes and plastic everywhere and two plumbers in the bathroom working under the sink and going in and out the door--there may have been three or four. I changed my clothes and then left for the chiropractor and bank. Got back and Rex was tidying up. The fridge amazes me! It has huge doors and tons of space. I can put the milk in the door! Rex will hook up the water and ice (on the door) tomorrow! Rex left and of course, I had to try out the new toilet right away! One tiny touch and swoosh! When you've lived with old plumbing you can really appreciate these new toilets! I recycled cardboard boxes and put trash out for about an hour. Then I moved the stuff back under the kitchen sink and moved all the fridge stuff into the new fridge. Got done with that and was HUNGRY. The stove still isn't hooked up because it needs a cord so I got chipotle. But I ate it at the new kitchen island! I put my pots and pans that were dirty from the construction in the new dishwasher and set it running. So quiet! And it holds a bunch! THen I cleaned up the dush in the bathroom and cleaned the 5 foot mirror and moved my bathroom stuff (all but the shower items) into the cupboards and new linen closet in the bathroom. Oh that reminds me! Need to search out some of Leah's cool pottery to put in the bathroom. Its going to look so cool in the bathroom and kitchen. I already found a couple of cups Leah made that were the exact colors of the new bathroom upstairs and they look awesome! I'll have o frame up some of Hannah's paintings for the dining room and the new room addition when its all done. Maybe I'll contract with her for a cool sculpture for the front lawn too! This is too exciting! I felt like Christmas morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment