I am having a wonderful, relaxing, family-filled break! I took Friday the 17th off and spent the day with Leah then picked up Hannah and Joel at the airport late that night (which went as smoothly as it possibly could). Spent that afternoon and evening with my Dad and Jean. The next day we got up and had Christmas at the Lake with the Kuenzi's and Clarks. This is always a special day but for some reason, this one was even more special. I loved spending time with Shari and her kids and Season and everyone! We had an especially good Smith family Christmas also at Wooten's. Then Christmas here was very low key. This year I never got around to putting up lights or decorations of any kind (I did win a poinsetta for Christmas from work) or even a tree. I didn't shop until I absolutely had to and never shopped for the kids at all--we wrote them checks and they were happy! Christmas day was about relaxing and eating. Scott made a traditional Fire Department breakfast of sausage, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and hash browns. Leah had brought homemade cinnamon rolls. Then we just hung out. The whole time the kids have been here is laid back and relaxed. We hang out as a family or in smaller groups but there isn't any pressure so I feel like I go off and read or go to the gym or nap or whatever. I've discovered Pinterest and spent some time doing that and did some crafts, painted the hallway and trim, stuff like that. We try to go to the gym (Scott, Hannah, Leah and I) every day if we can together. The kids have had time with their friends, too. Very enjoyable times. Joel's friends have hung out but not too much--enough that he feels reconnected and home. Scott and I have had time together, too, which will help with the transition back to the two of us. Jon is moving out into an apartment so it will be very quiet around here for awhile after the kids leave. And they are leaving little by little instead of all at once, too, which will help. We are getting ready to head into craziness as I go get mom tomorrow and then I understand that Jon is on his way back from Mexico and then on Sunday, the Griffiths are coming up for the day with maybe some Clarks and Kuenzi's also! Gonna be exciting! Then I have Monday and then boom! The girls go to Newton and I go back to work! Joel will go with them for an overnight then come back and be here until he flies out Friday (or Saturday--can't remember). Of course, the house will still be getting worked on.
Progress on the house: Got the roof onto the new room and most of the siding and the windows in. Today got the sliding door in the kitchen! It looks amazing! Makes the room look much bigger! I got the hallway painted including the trim and doors (still need some of the trim put up). I guess we've turned a corner and I would put the house at about 65% done.
Wow! Scott and Hannah ran to the store and I just realized I'm alone for the first time in a long time. Nope, Leah got here. Now to start cooking (again:)--the grocery bill is HUGE!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment