Saturday, January 22, 2011

oh what the heck

I was reading some of my old blogs and decided to write one. I keep waiting for an exciting something to write about and nothing exciting happens. But its all good--lots of good things happen, I guess. Yesterday, Friday, we actually worked a full day after having a snow day Thursday and half a snow day Wednesday. Well, I didn't have snow day Wednesday as I was waiting all day at the surgery center for Scott to get done with his knee surgery. It was an adventure driving in the insane snow then shoveling the walk to get him in the house. He's much better now. Anyway, Friday, got feeling kind of yucky with this cold but did it keep me from working out? No! I did skip body jam and then worked extra hard in step plus. I also sat in the sauna afterwards to sweat out the yuck and it was awesome. There were tons of people in there to talk to so the time went fast. Took a shower then went to Chipotle with Scott--of course--it was Friday night! Also went to blockbuster for some movies and watched Dispicable Me. It was kinda cute, I guess. Slept til about 8:30 this morning and had my quiet time. Joyce was about 6 things to do with your mouth--really hit home--need to be nicer to my husband and be a better listener. Cleaned and did some laundry then made a grocery list, went to Target, Dillons and Walgreens and came home and felt poopy. Ate some leftover homemade mongolian beef, yummy, then went to get Adelle. Forgot! I also talked on the phone to Hannah, Mom AND Joel! Then got Adelle. I guess she missed me because she talked DURING the songs, not just the commercials. She told me all about her show this week. I wonder how many other people have a clue what she is talking about when she talks about Around the Horn. We went to the library where I got a pile of new books to read and Adelle looked through the latest sports almanac. Then we went to the gym. I got Adelle started on the treadmill and I was on the second weight machine when she said she was ready to go back to my house. Yippee. So I stalled her and she got on a bike while I finished the machines. I got on a bike and she read espn magazine and waited. I felt like poop. My back hurt from shoveling the driveway and my throat hurt breathing in so I quit. We went to the house and Adelle immediately ran down to the basement to look at music videos. I guess that makes her a totally normal teenager, huh? I talked on the phone to my mom and rested my back. Then we made a burger meal and texted my friend Jesi, who came over and ate with us! Scott and Jesi and I chatted and Adelle ate her two burgers then went back to the computer. Adelle and I made pumpkin muffins and we waited for them to bake then Jesi rode with me to take Adelle home. We stopped by Jesi's apartment and got her cute dog. Rex went insane over the dog so Jesi didn't stay long. Then I spent the evening on facebook while Scott talked soccer on the phone (he's probably logged hundreds of hours on the phone about soccer this week as he gets ready for the new season.) Be sure to check out the website JunctionCitySoccer.com/girls if Scott hasn't already invited you to look at it through facebook. I think we are going to watch other movie. I need some diet sprite. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment