Monday, January 17, 2011
Lovely Weekend
My weekend started Friday. Scott was at the fire department for the last time for several weeks since he's having his knee surgery this week. I got off work, took a quick nap and went to the gym. Started with Body Jam--yes, I danced to hip hop! Then the usual step and chisel class. Sat in the sauna just briefly because I had a skype date with Joel! We don't let a few hundred miles stop our Friday night Chipotle tradition. Joel is doing well other than a cold, playing lots of board games with friends, enjoying his semester classes and playing video games in his room on his new tv. When we were done, I showered and put on my pajamas and read in bed. I am reading a second Jeannette Walls novel and its good. Saturday morning had my quiet time and cleaned and got ready for our house guests--Leah and her boyfriend David. Went with Scott to the KSU men's game (boring)then dragged him to the grocery store. I am trying to make nice meals that are a little more inventive since I have no picky eaters in the house and Scott doesn't care. One day this week I was in hurry because I wanted to go the the high school and watch the special populations talent show so I fixed outmeal and put blueberries in it. Scott didn't say a word, he just ate it. So this week I am making mongolian beef, turkey tosadas, salmon, and fettucini with spinach. This weekend I organized my recipes--threw out ones I will never make, copied ones from paper onto nice index cards, sorted them out. I plan to cook my way through them. At four, we left for Topeka to meet Leah and David, my brother and his whole family, Julie and Larry, and my mom, to celebrate my mom's 80th birthday! It was very enjoyable. We ate at Olive Garden. Came back home and played monopoly with Leah and David. I was losing terribly so I worked on my recipes and went to bed early. They stayed up late. Sunday morning skipped church and made a nice apple and raisin coffee cake that was sort of more like apple crisp and did my quiet time until the kids got up. I enjoy having coffee with Lele in the morning. We toodled around and went to Target where I bought three ruffly shirts and a bohemian dress. I didn't even know I needed a little pick me up to my wardrobe but I guess I did because I am excited! The girls wear little ruffly blouses under sweaters with jeans or whatever pants so I will too! Leah and I went to R and R and I bought back a leather jacket I used to own and left in the mall one of the prom nights. Glad to have it back! Leah found some cheap dresses at a store going out of business that she was thrilled about! We came home and I fixed chicken and rice (nothing new, just home cookin for my college girl) and talked more and then they went back to Newton. It was too late for Bible Study so we watched TV and read together. I like hanging out with my Scotty. Today I will get Adelle then go to the gym for fit ball and advanced step. Hope my back and arch hold out. Tomorrow I go back to work, then my water aerobics class starts! Wednesday I am off for Scott's surgery but the girls are coming over for supervision. It will be fun if they bring their babies! Then work Thursday and Friday and another weekend. I'm sure it will also be lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment