Monday, January 10, 2011

Beautiful days

I am so grateful for so many things today. Yesterday very early in the morning we said goodbye to Joel. He has so many wonderful friends. They stood in the driveway and sang silly goodbye songs to him! I was so relieved to hear Scott and Zeb pull back into the driveway after the adventure of getting to the airport and back through snow, carsickness, and sadness seeing Joel off. Then when I awoke, found my livingroom had been transformed back from a disgusting dorm room complete with stink, slop, trash, pizza, etc. to a lovely livingroom. Scott had cleaned it up before he fell asleep. I kept busy yesterday, going to churh, time with Adelle, and a few chores, that I didn't experience the crazy grief I felt when the girls left. God showed me through that that its ok to share my emotions with Him, even ones that I don't think I should feel. I let go this time and let myself be sad if I needed to be. I clung to the Word and His promises and replaced every sad thought with a happy one. Joel made all his connections and the shuttle and got back to USC without any problems. I took a nap and then Scott and I had some time together then went to Bible study then the gym to work out and sit in the sauna. My Bible study friends are so awesome. We can share our true hearts and selves with them. And did I mention that I went to the library and got a stack of great books to read? I slept good las night and found out we have a snow day off school! I went back to sleep til 8:30. I am loving my quiet time on the couch with both doggies curled up next to me. I watched two episodes of Joyce Meyer and prayed thoroughly for my family, once again releasing the kids into God's very capable hands. I am grateful for all and am looking forward to the rest of this glorious day with anticipation and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment