Scott went out of town this whole week. I enjoyed the independence and challenge for about two days but by Wednesday I texted him that he could come home now. Monday night I hurried home to let Rex out then went to fit ball and step at the gym. And surprise! They had a BBQ dinner there for member appreciation. I ate with a friend from class then zipped home. I went to bed and read at 8 because I could! Tuesday we had a KAY club meeting after school so I had to zip home again then went to total body circuit at the gym. My favorite teacher, Ryndee, was subbing and she worked us out hard! It was super cold out so I went to bed to read early again. I'm reading a good book about a social worker by Lisa Wingate. Wednesday I actually got a short nap after work then went to step on the east side. Watched tv, The Voice and Chicago Fire, in bed, of course. Thursday after work I did my homestead group. We have 8 women at Homestead now and all 8 were at group! It went pretty well. I'm using sentence starters. I also had them fill out an evaluation to get some feedback on how it's going. On Friday I broke with tradition and went to "choir practice" after work with a couple of teachers. No singing involved. I had diet coke. Then I went to the church to meet with a couple of people to discuss a possible trip to Cambodia over spring break. This last summer when our missionary to Cambodia was home and mentioned wanting us to come, I said I would. Ever since then, I haven't felt a call or even a curiosity, more like, really did not want to go. I put renewing my passport on my wish list but never did it. I didn't have a good attitude going into the meeting but as we got talking, I realized the purpose of going and that we really do need to go. The missionary gal tp really needs encouragement and because Deb and I also work with girls recovering from themsex industry, we can relate to her in ways others couldn't. And we could learn a lot, too. Neither of the other two women have been on a missions trip or traveled internationally, either, so my experience is needed. Deb and I went to Chipotle afterwards and talked about Cambodia and Homestead for two and a half hours! This morning I got up and leisurely cleaned and did my quiet time then did my passport renewal online and took Rex for,a long walk. It was strangely warm out with a cool breeze. I ran errands and bought some new boots and leggings. Then I picked up Adelle. I took her with me to get my haircut and she took a nap in the barber chair by the window. She looked so sweet I had to take a picture.

We went to the grocery store and cam back here. Now were are going to tuna few more errands then grab a burger somewhere then take her home. I am ready for Scotty to come home tomorrow night!
No comments:
Post a Comment