First full week with kids: orienting the intern is going well; new staff are green but coming along; did a suicide assessment for a kiddo with autism, working hard to help an anxious student with zero confidence and a huge tendency to refuse (and his mama rescues him) to work through some issues; making behavior plans for angry students; collaborating with staff and outside therapists on a kiddo with reactive attachment disorder; started teaching in the autism room ( we have 14 kids in the program this year!); planning for the bully kick off day; started FCA; met with all but 2 of the 49 kids on my caseload; visited five of the six teams I'm on; had our first faculty and admin meetings; and started planning for emergency preparedness week. Whew! No wonder I'm tired!
I've been feeling really forgetful at work lately and it really bothers me then God has shown me that my goal is to love others and encourage them, not to gain their favor. I want people to see Christ and be drawn to Him, not to me. Maybe they can even see Him clearer when I am weak. God is so good.
Rex misses me during the week. He is still taking the new "baby" which is a toy rabbit everywhere he goes. I had another proof that he understands English. Yesterday morning I got up super early to make coffee for our house guests and told Rex when we got up that we were just getting up briefly then going back to bed. I got up, let him out and back in, made the coffee then couldn't find him. He was already back in bed waiting for me! And I never go back to bed!
Jackie and TJ stayed with us two nights. We met them at Harry's Friday night along with the Sherows for dinner then last night I cooked for them and then we went to the movie to see Elysium. They bought us some mums for the pots in front and some green plants for the front, too.
I got Adelle yesterday and did our usual errands then over here for frozen pizza and iPad time. I taught her how to take pizza out of the oven. Still working on paying attention while driving the grocery cart and in the parking lot. Gigi called me this week just to tell me how worried she is about Adelle and her future and what a life saver I am to her. She got in trouble this week for ramming her shoulder into a girl in the hallway. No telling what that was about but she did tell me her favorite show wasn't on all last week and that made her very sad and mad. She talked a lot about feelings yesterday which is unusual.
Can't wait to talk to the family on the phone this week to see how Leah's student teaching went, when Hannah is coming, how Joel is doing especially financially and what the rents are up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment