We welcome the kids and parents, play an autograph get to know you game, then split them up for sessions about crime stoppers, sexual harassment, behavior expectations, and all the unwritten rules. They go on a scavenger hunt, get their schedules and locker combos and practice getting their lockers open. We feed them lunch and two snacks. The kids always come in nervous and leave excited.
This year we have a new Principal, Tracy Newell. Pictured above is one of my my favorite people, Marvin Rupe who is assistant Principal, our counselor who took Nancy's place last year, Angela Bunger, Tracy, and me! I didn't realize I was that short!
Camp Dewy always gets me more excited and ready for the school year. I was so exhausted yesterday I couldn't even think straight!
Also starting yesterday was my intern for this year, Alexis Hernandez. I got to choose my undergrad intern last year and she was a big help. I only take grad students now if I know that will be good since they are there all year, three days per week. Alexis came highly recommended and has experience in the schools with an elementary TLC program. Alexis was a big help yesterday and I think it will go well having her with us. This will be the first time Angela has also had an intern so we shall see how that goes!
Ready or not this school year is off and running!


No comments:
Post a Comment