I can't even begin to explain how stressful the couple of weeks leading up to this vacation were, at work, the car wreck.... This relaxation was sooooo needed.
We arrived in Mexico late in the afternoon on Monday. We were so tired and overwhelmed with how gigantic this place is, that we just sort of hung out in the rooms for while. Then we cleaned up and went for a wonderful meal in what turns out to be our favorite restaurant here. We are treated like kings and queens in all the restaurants, chairs pulled out, napkins placed on laps, greeted as if we are best friends, waters filled ata moment notice, a dirty plate removed almost immediately. The restaurant we like best is called Mo Mo Hana or something like that, it is Japanese. I had sweet and sour pork while Mom and Scott has salmon. Then we all had fried ice cream.
Breakfast is in a beautiful open air restaurant with a big, tall grass roof. I am partaking of lots of delicious no no's like pastries.
Days are filled with laying in the sun, looking at the waves, reading books, or relaxing in the hammock on the balcony, napping in the air conditioning.
Yesterday we went to the spa and had hydrotherapy which is a series of sauna, steam, jacuzzi, etc. Mom and I then had manis and pedis and Scott had a deep tissue massage. Ask him about it. He was amazed to put it mildly. I had forgotten it was his first massage ever. It was whole body. Only missed a few places:) ha ha. We all went back for relaxing massages last night. One hour twenty minutes. Pretty much all over but not certain places. I was so relaxed I was concentrating on not drooling onto the floor.
I went for a short run in an obstacle course yesterday morning and last night Scott and I went for a long walk including through a 2 k labyrinth of bushes. We walked along the beachway. There isn't a traditional beach here but there are beautiful man made lagoons and walkways. You can see and hear the waves just beyond. They are really strong, especially in the late afternoon. I love how they hit and spray up twenty feet or so.
It is warm here, of course. There is a nice breeze most of the time so if you get in the shade it feels wonderful. We are all sunburned so we will sit under a hut with our legs sticking out until they burn, too.
One more day and i think we will do more of the same. Why not?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment