I am so leased they were able to get Joel in to see Dr Jones, get the MRI, and that Dr Hodges was able to get him squeezed in for the surgery on Wednesday! I took the day off work after rearranging a few things and took him to the surgical center at 8:00am. The place was swamped. Joel has never had surgery of any kind so I explained they'd get him ready then I'd wait with him in preop then he'd wake up. At 8:30 the nurse came to get him and said shed be right back for me. At 10 I went up to the counter and asked and they said they'd started the surgery! I was so pissed. So the girl fell all over herself bringing me messages that basically said nothing while he was in surgery but she must have gone to lunch. At noon, I went up there again a nod they said he was out of surgery! They said to go to this small room and the doctor would come talk to me. I waited and waited. I peeked in the recovery room and there were a bunch of people gathered talking and I got really scared. I was in tears by the time the doctor came in. He said the surgery went really well and he showed me pictures of the tear. It was a doosey! The used his hamstring to fix the Acl. As soon as Joel was in a room, they let me see him. Leah and Scott brought us some food. Joelmhad had a block so he was doing really well. He was also on good meds. I did the nystagmus test on him just for fun and it was really cool how his eye jumped around. We got him home around 3:30. Then the goober and his goober dad stayed up half the night playing games with cousin Jon and friend.
Thursday I went to work and they did a good job with the pain meds but forgot about ice and elevation. We took all his wraps off and he took a bath and his whole leg was swollen horribly. We almost called the doctor but we wrapped, iced and elevated it and it got better. He was pretty grumpy and groggy all evening but I turned over the meds schedule to him and went to bed.
On Friday when I got home, I couldn't believe the progress. He had been to PT and they were having him put full weight on it, bending it, etc. He can get around a lot better and isn't taking the full amount of pain meds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment