Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Eye

Now that I am over 50, it is a prerequisite that I talk about my health--ha ha.  Two weeks ago, I had an appointment to get a cyst taken off my eye at the Opthamologist.  In the meantime, I grew a giant sty under my eyelid.  Giant!  So the doctor asked me if he should go ahead and pop it.  And I, the dummy that I am, said yes.  So he took me into the surgery room and deadened my eye then put a thing on it to hold it open.  I had no way to close my eye so had to sort of watch the procedure very close up.  He didn't get it all, apparently, so I had to walk around with a swollen, purple eye for a week.  Also had to wear my glasses which just does not work for me.  I should have taken pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Then this week I had the cyst removed which left a lovely bloody spot in my eye.  The good news is, my eye feels wonderful! I just hope this spot doesn't stay.  Also, I about made the doctor cry because he asked how my eye had done from the sty removal and when I told him, he was a absolutely crestfallen.  He had to leave the room to compose himself.  I had to talk him into doing the cyst removal because he was worried I would be unhappy.  Very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment