This has been a busy month, but a good month because it was family month. On September 8, my nephew, Ryan, married the mother of his sweet baby, Samantha. They married outdoors on the Griffith farm. Leah and David came up so I got to spend time with the Griffiths, my mamacita, my Dad and Jean, and Leah. The wedding was beautiful and the reception fun--good food and dancing. The things that stick out in my memory are little Landon asleep in the wagon that the bridesmaids pulled up the aisle, and little Liam dancing to the beat of the music in his vest with his little baby muscles sticking out. Also, Sam's dance with her step papa was heart warming and hilarious.
Last weekend, after going to Topeka to be near Larry in his last few hours on Tuesday night, then riding with Scott's team to Bethel for some more Leah time, we went to Topeka on Saturday morning for Larry's funeral--a celebration of his life. More family time with Leah and David and Julie, etc. but not for a happy occasion. This was followed with some good Julie phone conversations. She is a testament to how important a personal relationship with Our Lord is as this is what is sustaining her.
Then yesterday, beautful Emily married. It was a unique, touching, beautiful ceremony. Shari and Emily and Hannah all looked amazing. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Emily except her boots. The reception was good in that we spent a lot of time with family and the food was delish. I enjoyed Season tremendously--we don't spend enough time with Season and Ian or all the Kuenzi's for that matter. The things that stuck out in my memory of this wedding are the wonderful boots, the layout on the farm of the wedding itself, the hayrack ride for the bridal party, the music, and how hard I cried when Emily's brothers walked her down the aisle and gave her away in Kevin's place. I cried the "ugly cry". We miss you Kevin and you should have been there. I know you were watching from heaven.
Now the girls are here--Leah for 4 days and Hannah for the week. Next weekend I shall drive her back to Laramie. Be sure to check out her trip photos on facebook. Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment