This weekend was about people! Love it! Had JC up to help us paint and prep the house! He worked all day and we enjoyed his company and appreciated his help immensely! I also had Adelle over for a few hours and we did the usual--rock out in the car, put our hands up in the air and throw our rock fists, then she ate and ate, watched and danced to her You Tubes on the big TV, and checked her facebook. I also went to the mall and bought some new Toms I've been wanting, the flower ones, some jeans I needed, and some new underwear. You gotta have new underwear to start school, right?
Then Sunday we had new friends, Genae and Greg Denver over for lunch and we visited out on the new deck all afternoon! It was quite enjoyable.
Joel called and we discovered that his financial aid was cut in half. We are appealing it. It is quite discouraging to think that we have helped our kids with college quite a bit, they all work hard, none of them have cars because we and they can't afford it, we are getting help from the government (a tad) and they will still all graduate owing tons of money in student loans. Erg.
Anyway, popping in to school today to welcome the new counselor, finish prepping for Camp Dewy tomorrow and try to get myself in school mode. After tomorrow, I still have the rest of the week off and two days next week but the mood has sure changed. I am enjoying my leisure on the new deck in the cool breeze this morning. Happy Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It occurred to me that you may be interested to know how we met Genae and Greg. We met them at Jackie and TJ's at a Denver family reunion. Greg is Scott's second or third cousin or something! They moved back here from Nebraska 4 years ago.
ReplyDelete