I officially started back to work this week. I am now ready. We had the largest group of kids at Camp Dewey ever! Turns out we are up 125 kids! My caseload is going to be huge! I have met and like all the new staff, had lunch with Angela, the new counselor, and am feeling really good about all of that. This year we can take our own computers so I will take my laptop for now and then purchase either an ipad or a mac and take it to work with me! I like my hair and the couple of new clothes items and shoes which always helps with the school start up, too.
I got Adelle yesterday and she was challenging! We came over to the house and she did her facebook and Youtube while I read. I needed to run some more errands so I gave her the two more songs warning. When we were ready to go, she said she'd listen to one more song while I was in the bathroom (she knows me well). When I came out, she hadn't started one yet and was getting ready to start a 4 minute song! So I told her we were going. She started fussing and wouldn't drop it. She whined all the way through Bed Bath and Beyond and the Pet Store. She was mad in the car that I hadn't brought a pad of paper for her to make a list on and then wanted me to buy one for her. She wanted Orange Leaf and we are trying to limit her sugar intake but I did cave on that and let her get a little one. Then at Menard's she wanted a drink and kept whining. I had to be so firm that she finally felt bad and gave me a hug. It was intense! She needs to start school and get back in her routine!
These pics are of my wonderful quiet time that continues even though it is shorter and much earlier now. I take my breakfast out on the deck (the dogs love it out there and stay up on the deck!). I read my devotion and do my memorization (I have been doing this for about 6 months now but am now memorizing the 50 verses everyone should know that we will be doing in FCA this year.... I never thought my old brain could do this but I am doing fine!) Then I do my prayer journal. I pray for the kids every day and then divide up all the other things to pray for throughout the week--family, Bible study friends, the world, healing, school and clients, my kids' friends, missionaries, and Homestead. Thursday is Thankful Thursday!
I forgot to mention that we have two girls at Homestead! I am so excited! I met one, a gal who was on the street for two days and then rescued, and a girl from New Jersey. We start small group on Tuesday night. I am so excited for that! Pray hard for these girls and the 4 more that will come.
This picture is my quiet time area and the other is of the new plants I bought and repotted for out there.
Emily's shower today! Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment