I could have spent this weekend with Scott, coaching soccer in Overland Park, or gone to see my folks, but I go back to work this next week so I wanted to stay home. Yesterday, I got to spend some time with PEOPLE which was fun and got some things done but managed to abuse my shoulder in the meantime. I got up, did some cleaning after my quiet time on the deck (wonderful!) then went to pick up Adelle. She and I must have been thinking alike because she brought her swimsuit! We came to the house and she did some computer stuff while I finished up some laundry, then we changed and got ready to go. She said, "It is sooo gorgeous out, let's walk to the pool!" My sentiments exactly! I laid around the pool and read (am reading a good book--Wishing Trees) and even floated some on the lazy river. Adelle mostly went down the slides. We stayed two hours. I saw Pam there and she said she only had a half hour for dinner so I invited her to the house. She came by but just before she arrived, Hannah B came by, too! That would have been most awesome, but she brought girlfriend and it drove Rex insane. So she had to leave pretty quickly. Pam ate then had to run, so Adelle did her computer thing and ate, and I read on the deck. I took her home and went to the gym where I did the elliptical, the shoulder machines (approved by my PT), and the stair climber. I came home and painted a bunch of the front of the house. This, combined with the windows I washed earlier, must have been a bit much for my shoulder. But I am still very hopeful that the shot I got on Wednesday was the cure! I will need to learn to not abuse it!
Then today, I am trying to OD on the Olympics which end tonight and on being home. I am bored and lonely but I could easily do anything different. I am making myself a feast, currently, of grilled steak with cracked pepper, roasted sweet potatoes with salt and cinnamon, and roasted asparagus tips with Parmesan and flax seed. I may even make greek yogurt brownies but it would be hard not to overeat that. I may sit out on the deck while I grill and eat.
This whole blog is me, me, me and our sermon is about switching our minds from me to we. I am terrible at this. I feel the pull to do it, to connect, to do for others. I suppose that is much of what I do all school year. My approach this year is going to be to truly focus on others and find ways to support them in ways THEY feel supported, not ways I think I should support them. Today, I may put some cards and checks in the mail, for weddings and surprises.
Happy weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment