Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer is winding down

Yikes!  Summer is almost over and I will return to work.  It is ok because at this point in the summer, I lose motivation to do anything much and lose satisfaction in doing nothing at the same time.  It is a weird feeling.  Some updates for you:

The house:  we now have the front siding ripped off the house, a completed rock wall and cleaned out yard front and back, a new rug under the patio furniture on the deck, a new front door insert and portico (not completed entirely), a chosen house color (a minter, fresher green with white trim), and trimmed out, repaired windows in the front.  We still have a lot of little things to do.  Scott has been painting and my nephew, JC, is coming to help tomorrow.

The shoulder:  still waiting to talk to the surgeon.  The MRI showed a mess but not conclusive as to whether it was a tear or severe tendonitis.  It feels a bit better as I am actually resting it!  We signed me up for new insurance today--my district, with Scott's insurance co paying, and that doesn't kick in until October 1.  So unless the surgeon says he can do it within a few days so I can be recovered more or less when school starts, I will probably wait to do it.

I took Adelle to the fair last weekend and that was fun.  She was much more interested in finding friends to talk to than riding rides but she did both.  Here is a pic of Adelle throwing her rock fist which is one of the fun things we do every time we get together--rock out to super loud music in the car.






Water jog is still fun.  Here are some pics of that.  I taught mine and Dena's classes on Wednesday and today and we had cooler temps after morning rains both mornings.  I got out the tubes today.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment