Saturday, October 8, 2011

Today

So today I got up at 8 and got ready and drove to Newton to see Leah. Fall fest! I also knew my old friend, Lori, would be in town. We hadn't seen each other in 15 years and hadn't talked in that long too! I found her recently on facebook so that's how I knew she was coming to Newton. She lost her husband, Mike, also our friend from college, to a brain anuerism 4 1/2 years ago. Leah and I walked to Mojo's and ran into David on the way. I had amish egg casserole--yummy and a cinnamon roll that Leah had made and coffee. It was raining when we came out. I had called and texted Lori and no answer so we walked around and finally found her! It was as if no time at all had passed! She lives in New York--in the Hamptons. It sounds amazing--the beach, surrounded by farms and near enough to explore the city. She invited me to come next summer! We walked around and talked and listened to jazz in the tent and went to Mojo's with Leah and with Maggie, her neice, who is Leah's mod mate! It is a truly small world. I love friends that you can see after that long and take up right where you left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment