I was exhausted when I got home today so decided to sleep as long as I could, even if I slept into my gym class. I woke up at 5:10 and had a snack then hitched up the dogs and took them for a walk around the park. Just a good, old fashioned walk. They are in terrible shape so they pulled and tugged and strained because they were so excited to get away from the contractor and all his banging and buzzing and get outside, but then they crapped out and strolled the rest of the way around city park. It was the perfect temperature and the big leaves were floating in the air and crunching at my feet.
Now I'm home sitting on the front porch away from the dust of the renovation. It is dusk and it is still warm. My phone said it was 83 degrees when I left work today. Now there is the perfect breeze. I still have on shorts and a t shirt. I have some real food on the grill and in the microwave (no soup or fast food tonight--we are living it up!)
Today was day one of Red Ribbon Week. I was so stressed out, but praise God, it all did turn out ok. We had a guest instructor from my gym teach the kids in 1st and 2nd hour PE some Body Jam. They were reluctant but then they really got into it! Then a gal from the Extension Office taught half the 8th graders to make a healthy snack. The other half of the 8th graders did yoga in they gym and I heard it was a giant hit. The 7th graders had a mental health lesson and a stress relief day where they had relaxation. Tomorrow its more of the same but turbo kick instead. Then Thursday I feed them oatmeal and Friday the all school party where we have special activities and sign a banner and give out toothbrushes and floss.
It was also safety week and we had a giant fire drill complete with smoke and a debriefing with the fire department. Tomorrow is a tornado drill, Wednesday an evacuation drill, Thursday lock out and Friday lock down. On top of this today we had a kid who faked a heart attack because she wanted to go home. Lovely, just lovely.
So, I am enjoying a little relaxation of my own on the front porch tonight. And I will enjoy those pork chops and sweet potato too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment