Friday, August 12, 2011

Endings and Beginnings

My head is whirling with all the endings and beginnings to adjust to in my life lately. I seem to be a person who takes longer to process changes so all these at once is a lot to process. Lots of emotions. Summer is ending. Water jog ended today without being able to actually have the last class due to rumbling thunder in the distance. That was weird. My beautiful tan will now fade. Today was cooler and it reminded me that we can get outside more often and soon it will be fall. School is starting. I push those thoughts out of my mind whenever they pop up. I'm not ready yet this year. Usually I am ready to go back by now. When school does start, I will have sooo much to jump into. I started to list them but that made me think about it too much so I backspaced it. Not ready. Jon is moving in--tomorrow. It will be a new experience having him live here. I am excited to see what God does through him here. Joel is leaving and this marks the end of my kids living at home. I feel sad about that but also ready. He's ready, too. Scott starts his MCC season on Monday. This is really the start of a ministry for both of us. We plan to have all the girls over every Saturday night for dinner and games. I'm excited! And probably the biggest beginning of all--the house remodel! It is overwhelming and exciting and did I mention overwhelming? For a person who takes awhile to process changes, this is major. I have to get used to having people in the house. I have to make tons of decisions pretty much daily. I am trying to simplify and get rid of stuff. It will be a challenge to get used to each room being torn up and we've barely scratched the surface of that! I just keep looking forward to how great it will be when its done. And just below the surface of all these beginnings and endings is the thoughts and emotions of an ending that puts all the rest of these into perspective--the end of Kevin's life. I think about him,and about Shari and the kids multiple times a day. Really, it makes all the changes I'm dealing with seem so trivial. I am so thankful that I have God to turn all my concerns over to. Nothing is too big or too small for Him--He cares about all of it. He takes away my sadness, my fears, my stress, and helps me see things differently so that I can cope. I love you, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment