Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update

I am feeling guilty because I have completely neglected my family the last few weeks. I want to call and have a great conversation with each of you, then I thought I could email you, then I thought well, I can at least blog you and you'll know what is going on with us and then I can somehow let each one of you know I love you and miss you, I think of you often, and I have each one of you in my prayers! I even missed Julie's birthday this week! I haven't even kept up with you on facebook!

School has started and is full swing. Along with the usual many many things to get started, I am already doing full social work crisis intervention and have already had a staff conflict (which I HATE and avoid at all costs and then have to work really hard to let go of and not beat myself up!) It is hard to get back into getting up in the mornings and balancing my time throughout the week. This year we have a few additional things going on at home too, as you know!

Renovation update: The big room upstairs has been sheetrocked and painted and Jon moved his stuff over there and loves it! It is a great room! We still need to put in the new light fixture. The smaller room has the new antique twin bed set up for guests but will be somewhat of a storeroom also until the whole project is done. The upstairs bathroom is done all except for hanging the cabinet above the toilet. It is beautiful! I will put pictures on facebook as soon as we get it totally done. But I have moved my stuff up there and am sharing it with Jon. I got to soak in the tub after a workout this week! It really is very nice. Yesterday I started demolition on the bathroom downstairs.:)I picked out all the cabinets and countertops for the bathroom and kitchen and yesterday ordered the kitchen appliances!

We enjoy having Jon here but I think I see him about 5 minutes a day if that. He is so busy with his ministry but it is going well. He's made tons of friends and sometimes they pop in with him, too. I think Scott sees him during the day more than I do.

I am still spending time with Adelle each week. We tie dyed t shirts last weekend and sometimes I give her a ride to her youth group. Today we will just look at the shirts, get some orange leaf frozen yogurt, check her facebook and I'm anxious to hear about her first week at the big high school. She turns 16 in November! I had her stuck in my mind at 14!

I did a great job with working out this week and plan to add some variety to things. I did my fitball and step classes on Monday, circuit class on Tuesday, then Wednesday I went over to the new East side gym and did a step class then tried spinning! I made it about 20 minutes because it hurt my bum but I want to do it again! Thursday night I ran anneberg trail (1.7 miles) at a pretty fast pace and only walked a few steps twice! On Friday I did the step plus class. I took one of Scott's soccer players with me (she did the elliptical).

Scott's (well, its my ministry too I suppose) MCC soccer is in full swing. They had the alumni game Thursday then Friday I took Kimber to the gym and then Friday night Scott and I went to the all school pep rally. Saturday night about 10 girls came over and hung out and I fed them a home cooked meal--roast with fixins and blueberry slump. They watched a movie and then we played a couple rounds of dominoes. I enjoyed it very much. Their first game is Tuesday. They (and Scott) can really use some prayers because they are short on players anyway and several key players are injured. Scott has really struggled the last few weeks as it seems like one challenge after another with things not going well.

Joel has settled in again at USC and likes his apartment and class schedule and apartment living. I get to go see him in September because there is a conference there my church is sending me to (on how to do outreach to girls in the strip clubs!) Joel granted me permission to stay in his apartment.

I went to Newton to see Leah on Sunday and she is moved back into a new mod on campus and likes her classes, etc. I haven't talked much to Hannah at all so I need to but she is doing well also and has started classes, too!

I love each of you and miss you! Today I am heading to church then a quick lunch then get Adelle from 1-3 then meeting with the contractor then Bible study here from 6:30-8:30. See? This is what life is like lately. But it is all good, very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment