Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mom visit

Mom came and stayed for a few days--finally talked her into it! I picked up Joel from the airport late Friday night--one a.m.--and we went to Mom's and slept til morning. We got up and she got ready and we jumped in her Lexus and off to Manhattan! I was tired so we mostly hung around on Saturday. We did go to the grocery store and to Hobby Lobby. Saturday night, Mom, Scott, Joel and I went to Coco Bolos for dinner and sat out on the patio. It was a treat! I wore my jeans and my new plaid strapless shirt. We wolfed down the Coco's Q and then I had my usual, the black and white pizza. Yum! At one point, Joel said, "Turn around." I did and there was Julie Reitz--now Beatty! It's been over two years since I saw her! After Coco Bolos we drove around a bit and laughed in the car and then came home. Julie came over and we walked and talked for over 2 hours! It was so great! I love friends that you can pick up right where you left off. (I did the same with Ginger recently too, on the phone). On Sunday, we got up and went to church (without Joel). At two mom and I took Adelle out for frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf. Mom shopped at Bed Bath and Beyond while Adelle and I looked at her facebook. We took Adelle home and then napped and read and relaxed. I made salmon, smashed taters and roasted asparagus for dinner and mom cut up a salad. We watched the Tony awards which Mom seemed to enjoy thoroughly (I mostly read). Monday morning I taught my 11 am water jog class and Mom went to Dillard's. In the afternoon, Joel, Mom and I took Scott shopping. We went to Borck Brothers and fixed him up with a nice, dark grey suit, lavender shirt and tie, belt, and nice black shoes. We even got him some cool jeans! We dropped Scott and Joel off at home and went to Olive garden just the two of us. We sipped wine and ate breadsticks and split an entry. It was fun and special. At home we watched Gulliver's Travels and laughed. Mom and I have a good relationship. I do push her a little sometimes and we confessed that we both work hard at getting along but we love each other very much. I treasure our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment