Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lele Slumber party

I love coming to see Leah! We always have such a wonderful time! Got to Newton about 2:45 yesterday. Leah's apartment is amazing. She looked so cute in a ruffly grey t shirt and flowery short flowery skirt. She threw on some long socks and rubber boots and we went out to take care of the bunnies and chickens. It was very hot so she had to give them fresh water and put some frozen water bottles in the pens. The pens are right in the backyard of the house she lives in. She also got water for the chickens and fed them. Put my stuff in the house and took off for downtown Newton. There are a string of shops next to each other that we like to visit. We went to the flea market store and looked around then headed to 10 Thousand Villages and the shop I really like that is a novelty shop. I bought my purse there last year. I didn't buy anything--resisted a sequined key chain that was a bracelet and also a great cell phone wallet since I just bought on last week in Lawrence. Went through the kitchen store and then the health food store and bought sesame sticks and oat bran sticks for snacking with peanut butter. At the thrift store, Leah bought boots and two sweaters and at least two shirts. I got some picture stands for 10 cents each and a cool purse for $1.50! I also bought Leah a shadow box. Went back to Leah's and I put on one of her dresses and off we went to eat. We wanted to go to the Breadbasket but it was closed so we went to Reba's for burger night! It is a fance place to eat but burger night is reasonable! Leah had the Gargonzola burger and I had the special--it had cheese and spinach and red peppers (I took the red peppers off). Leah had the tomato bisque soup and I had the 5 cheese macaroni and cheese:). We then went to Walmart where Leah bought some fabric and ribbon to make baby gifts and I bought a notebook with to do lists and a grocery pad list. I also bought crayons and watercolors because we had craft plans! Leah made a cute headband for her friend's baby and some flowers and I made a painting that I copied the idea from Leah. I also colored some flower stationary. We messed around on our computers and then went for a long walk on the riverfront just as it was getting dark. Its a great place to walk! When we came home, we went next door to Dillon's and got stuff to make strawberry shortcake and then ate it outside on the back porch under the twinkly lights. We went to bed at 11 ish and I actually slept ok even though Leah cuddled me several times in the night:). We slept til 9:30 and it was lightly rainy this morning and much cooler. We took our coffee and granola out on the front porch and watched the rain. I went inside to play with the lonely kitty (Leah's roommates family who lives upstairs are on Bike Across Kansas this week). We then decided to go for a walk so we walked a long way the Other way on the river walk toward Bethel. We stopped at Leah's garden and weeded for about 45 minutes. We were not showered, sweaty, and covered in mud but decided to stop at Mojo's for a cup of coffee and a banana peanut butter chocolate chip scone:). We sat at the table outside and played a conversation game for while then walked home along main street. We took turns showered and I finished my crafts while Leah untangled her key mobile. We were both sad when it was time for me to say goodbye. It was such a great visit! I will add some photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment