Friday, November 26, 2010
Thanksgiving etc
I am so blessed to have such a long Thanksgiving weekend. Leah got home Tuesday night. I love spending time with Lele. We ordered pizza (too much). Wednesday I slept in til 9! We did some last minute things to the house and went shopping all about town--the usual spots--walmart, target and even hobby lobby! We got scrapbooking stuff for scott's soccer season and some supplies for Leah to make a mosaic breakfast tray for me for Christmas:). At target I got a cream color fleece and matching down vest:) Wednesday night we went to Chipoltle, Scott too. This is our all time favorite place to eat. It feels like home. Thanksgiving I started cooking about 10 and the guests arrived around noon--my dad and Jean, my mom, and all the griffiths--dave, ronnie, jon, tim and hannah, jc and ryan. We all ate too much chips and cheese dip and the boys all went to the old stadium to play catch while we did the last minute cooking. I just made all the basics--turkey (baked in a bag stuffed with fruits and veggies--so tender), mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoe casserole, and stuffing. Mom brought cranberry salad, ronnie brought rolls and pop, and jeanie brought pecan and pumpkin pies. Everyone left by 6! It was good to see everyone and spend some time with them. I missed Hannah and Joel. Hannah stayed in Laramie to work on an art project that is due soon and her roommate Lucas' parents fixed dinner. Joel went with a friend to his house in Huntington beach. After the family left, Leah and I took her old ceramics out and smashed them into small peices for the mosaic. It was fun! I'll bet the neighbors wondered what we were up to. Today Leah and I went for coffee and I bought Scotty an electric blanket and took it to him at work. I also took the rest of the pumpkin pie to him. I had leftover Thanksgiving for breakfast and dinner. Good thing I got up this morning and went to an hour and a half exercise class--step, power chisel and yoga! Awesome! Today was even complete with a long nap! And I have two more days of weekend yet to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment