Saturday, November 6, 2010

Perfect and You won't Believe This

Last night was the perfect date! I took a nap after work then shared some olive oil popcorn with Scott. At 5 I had the crazy idea to suggest to Scott that he go with me to exercise class and you'll never believe this but he said yes! He really went with me to my step aerobics class! He did really well, too. He's complaining about how sore he is today, though. I told him he might be too old for that class:). So then we had a shower and went to Chipotle...which we've done every Friday night for years. I wore my giant comfy pink sweatpants! Then we went for coffee and a cookie at Radina's and read our books. I was home and asleep by 9:30!
Our date continued on into today as Leah convinced us to drive to Newton to visit her. We had fun on the way listening to music--Pink, Justin Beiber, Joss Stone. We even sang to old Third Day. We love to sing together in the car! Scott and I are a comedy team. I'm the straight man. I have to crab at him about his driving or he'd space off and go 50 miles per hour! At one point he asked, "What's the speed limit here again?" I said, "65. That's why the cars in the slow lane are passing you." He sang a song to me about how beautiful I am but later sang "You and I collide." After complaining again about how long it was taking to drive here, he said, "But we're together and we're having fun!" We are. We went for a walk on the trail with Leah and a sign over the bridge said, "3 ton limit" so he told me I'd better wait til they were across. Poo poo head. Never a dull moment with Scott. I suggest we repeat last night's perfect date every Friday night til death do us part.

No comments:

Post a Comment