Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weird Dreams

Weird Dreams

I have had a couple of weird dreams lately. I don’t usually remember
my dreams so its strange that I have had two in a row. The first one,
the other night, was that we had inherited a very large house. It was
partially furnished and had lots of boxes. I was really focused on
recycling all the boxes, which isn’t a big surprise since I’m pretty
into recycling. The funny thing was, the house came with two
monkeys—both chimps—a small one and large one. I don’t
remember much about the small one but the large one was a pain in the
butt. We put it in a bedroom and kept the door shut. When its diaper
needed changing, everyone said I had to do it. It was really wet and
saggy and the chimp was hopping all over the room making chimp sounds
and I remember feeling really exasperated by it.
The second dream was about helping Joel and a good friend (not one of
his good friends I know now, just a good friend) move into a large
apartment. It had lots of bedrooms, similar to the apartment Leah lives
in now, but nicer and larger. It had a piano and the boys were really
enjoying taking turns sitting down to play around on it, of course, when
they were really supposed to be helping with the move. It was sort of
chaotic but what made it harder for me was that someone had left a
small, cuddly puppy in my care. I remember trying to let it out of the
car to use the bathroom and trying to give it back to its owner several
times and I just kept being in charge of it. It was really sweet and
snuggled up to my chest sort of like Professor does. But I couldn’t
be of any help to anyone because I had this puppy to take care of.
So let’s analyze these dreams of mine. Do you see the common themes?
Large houses filled with chaos and having responsibility for caring for
animals that had characteristics of babies/toddlers. Do you think maybe
I’m working through not being a parent of kids in my household
anymore? Wow, as I said this, tears prickled in my eyes. Must be onto
something. I wonder what I’ll dream about tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't dreams amazing? Last night, I had a vivid adventure and I was really into it but whenI woke up I couldn't remember what I was doing. It was great at the time though. whatever your dreams are tonight...I hope they are sweet.

    ReplyDelete