Sunday, October 10, 2010

Adelle




For quite a few visits, Adelle had been sort of a challenge. She didn't want to do what we were doing, was whiny and complainy and generally uncooperative. I think it was her whole adjustment to school starting. Plus, as her mom pointed out, I was doing more picking her up at the last minute. I have learned that planning ahead is key for Adelle. Also, simpler is better. Its gone much better lately. Today we spent the afternoon together and had a great time. I picked her up about one. As I told her the plans for the day she said, "Oh thank you, thank you!" This, of course, from her spot in the back seat. I turned on the country music as I usually do and she sang along. We can only talk during the commercials. She was mildly interested in hearing about my trip to Wyoming. We went to the grocery store and she pushed the cart. I was a little worried about how that would go but she only ran into the toothpaste stand and knocked off about three toothpastes. But she didn't hit any people. We got to the house and she watched the episodes of Around the Horn that she missed while I put away the groceries. She even asked about going to the downstairs computer before going! I made the peach pie (for Bible study later) and put it in the oven and called for her and she came right up. She stuck with making the pumpkin cookies and even suggested the chocolate chips! She was a little leary about the taste since it was spicier than pumpkin bread. She went back to the computer (she watches the country top 20 music videos and Around the Horn episodes) while I baked the rest of the cookies. When they were done, we took Professor up to the large field by the girlscout house and played catch with the football and then passed the soccerball back and forth. She did about as good as I did. Then we came home. I had put together some care packages for Hannah and Joel with cookies and dried fruit and gum so Adelle went with me to mail them at Dillons. I said, "Thank you, Stu" since the guy's nametag said Stu. Adelle said, "Stu, do you want to come to my house?" I think she was joking. I hope. Here are some pics I took of Adelle a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment