Saturday, September 4, 2010
Hannah
Today is Hannah's 22 birthday. I talked to her a little on the phone today and reminded her that on MY 22nd birthday, I was getting married! Anyway, 22 years ago today, I gave birth to our first child, a girl, Hannah Julaine Clark. After two miscarraiges, we got pregnant with Hannah. We got to see her in a sonogram at 8 weeks gestation. Her tiny heart was beating and she looked like a fish but we loved her instantly! I had to stop working with 6 weeks left in my pregnancy and lay around because I'd started to dialate and then she was born right on time! I went into labor at about 5:30 in the morning. We got to the hospital about 8. My labor was pretty intense--got stuck in transition for hours. My regular doctor wasn't there so this male doctor and Scott watched football while I pushed forever. The idiot had me laying on my back with my feet up in stirrups. Finally, he gave me some shots in my hips and stuck these huge forceps in and yanked out Hannah! They weighed her and wrapped her up and handed her to Scott before I got to hold her. He handed her to me immediately. My first thought when I saw her was, "Oh my God, I've given birth to my sister in law!" She really looked like Shari. She knew my voice immediately and was hungry right away. She sucked all my baby weight off me the first week. She weighed 9 lbs 2 ounces and looked like she was three months old at birth. Scott and I were THRILLED! You'd think he'd want a boy first but he wanted a tough girl whose sports he could coach. I wanted a girly girl. We both got exactly what we wanted. Flash forward 18 years and I have a picture of Hannah at her senior prom with long, beautiful, curly blonde hair, a fabulous body, long legs, dressed in an aqua blue sequined gown looking like a model. But she'd go out on the soccer field and knock anyone flying who got in her way! My Hannah. Hannah came out independent and demanding. When she cried as a baby, everyone jumped up to get her what she wanted. No room is ever the same when she's in it. She is funny and smart and creative tender and strong. She's loud and silly and cusses like a sailor. Hannah has the most incredible people skills--she can talk anyone into anything and they think it was their idea! If she wants something, she goes after it. She's a peace maker and a problem solver. Hannah is a fantastic artist, athlete, and rock climber. I miss her very much and wish I was with her today. I'm going to see her on October 1 and I can't wait! I love you, Hannah-belle aka Hanny Banny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment