This has been a tough week, week and a half. It was so hard to send Joel off to California and then adjust to that. I started back to work last week and then school started this week. Then Monday I was in an accident. I was coming down Delaware and a 15 year old on a bike came fast down the alley and ran the stop sign, hit my bumper, then flipped onto my hood and then onto the street. Everyone's worst nightmare. I was supernaturally calm through the entire thing and afterward. And God was also apparently with the boy who although bleeding and taken to the hospital by ambulance, only had a few staples and went to school the next day. His parents were already seeing the blessing in it when they called me as the young man and his friends are all convinced now to wear helmets.
Today I took Leah back to school. Someone once said that to have kids is to have part of yourself walking around outside yourself forever. Having my kids live in various places does feel like parts of me are missing. I still have the part of me that's always me and the part of me that is Scott's. And when I see each of my kids or talk to them, I think, ""Oh, there's that part of me." Its only when all 5 of us are together that I feel whole. But right after I dropped her off, I was crying in the car and God actually said to me, "I'm all you need, I'm right here, Diane." So cool. It has been a tough week and a half but He has been right here. How do people who don't know Him do this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
xanax?
ReplyDeleteDiane, that brought a tear to my eye. What a blessing to have the Lord say that to you. What would anyone do without him. I can't imagine. What a neat blog - Love Julie
ReplyDelete