Saturday, August 7, 2010

Treasure

I am treasuring every day left of summer. I treasure sleeping in, leisurely quiet time with God, long stretches of nothing to do, hanging out with my family and the doggies, my wonderful water aerobics classes (exercise, socializing and sun all wrapped into one!), and more time with Scott who isn't in the midst of his soccer season and is actually around some. He's sitting across from me right now at the coffee shop. I also treasure my time with Leah before she returns to school and Joel before he leaves for California. Eleven days til he leaves and I won't see him until Christmas! He's actually hanging out with me quite a bit here and there throughout the day. I'm doing ok but I do have a big lump in my throat most of the time. Last night Scott and I went for a long walk together with the dogs. The dogs got tired and we had to call Joel to come rescue us. We'll be on our own soon. I want to go with Scott to a tournament in August but who will watch the dogs? I have a list of stuff I'm going to do as soon as everyone leaves--mostly involving cleaning the house and giving stuff away (simplifying). I hope I feel like doing it! I also want to rekindle some old friendships that I've neglected. And I will be returning to work soon. Busy, Busy! I will continue in the Thursday night Bible study. Our Sunday night care cell should get going again regularly. And there will be soccer games to watch. And Adelle once a week or so. I'll be ok. I'll be ok. I'll be ok. Meanwhile, I will treasure these 11 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment