Even though I mostly did this as research to benefit clients, I also knew that I've been in a funk lately, not motivated, bored, lonely, not really enjoying summer. As I started this process, which first has you recognize your toxic thoughts, I realized I really did have a lot of negative thinking. She then teaches you how to change your thinking, and by doing so, build new protein trees in your brain, literally changing your brain.
So the first few days I did notice the funk beginning to lift and I started to feel, well, just happier, lighter. It does take some work but I started seeing the results.
Last night, after working hard all day not to give in to "boredom", I took my book out onto the deck. At first it was sort of cold and sticky humid at the same time and started to rain and dusk settled. Then as I was looking up into the trees, I felt something sort of pop in my brain and all of the sudden I felt like all my senses were heightened and realized how cool it was that I was lying on the deck, reading, in the rain. I looked at the trees and could see the beauty in the contrast of the darks and lights. I felt my toes which had been cold, under Diego, who was sitting on them. They felt warm and snuggly and his fur was soft. I listened to the rain softly falling. I felt cozy and content. It was super cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment