Friday, July 18, 2014

Ahhhh Summer

My wonderful summer days are dwindling by.  Today I got up at 8 ish and let the puppies out.  I always start my day with cuddles and scratches with Rex before we get up and now I have added getting Diego out of the kennel.  He is so delighted to see me!  He makes the cutest sound when he yawns and then he nibbles my ear as I carry him outside.  He always so obediently pees when I put him down.  Then I have my coffee and quiet time for over an hour out here on the deck.  It's been unseasonable cool lately, in the sixties!  I know when school starts and I have to cut way back on my morning quiet time I will miss it a lot.

Then I taught water jog.  I do enjoy that class, whether teaching it or taking it.  It's such a great workout and relaxing.  Also great to socialize and to encourage others in their exercise.

Then I spend the afternoon cherishing my free time.  Today I am reading while Rex rests and Diego plays nearby.  Scott is just inside and we chat every hour or so, too.


Today at five I'm picking up my friend who just got a new gym membership and taking her to step class with me!  Then since I ate dinner out last night (burger at Wabash with my friend Sarah), we won't go to Chipotle tonight.  Instead, I'm making ravioli and garlic toast, a carbalicious treat.  

Summer is almost over and it is gonna get wild before school starts!   





No comments:

Post a Comment