Last night I took Diego to Alexis' house to play with her puppies and dogs. It was sort of stressful as we also had a meal together while they played but Diego loved it! One of her puppies and her bigger dog were fairly rough and her puppies would gang up and tackle Diego but the little guy held his own. He bared his teeth and went back at them and romped and rolled and wagged his tail the whole time. All the puppies were covered in slobber when we were done. I am determined to socialize Diego with other dogs. Plus, he was exhausted so Scott and I were able to put him in his kennel and go to the late show! We put him out to potty and gave him a drink and he slept til 8! That's doable!
I've worked out the feeding and the other dogs are adjusting. Professor has food allergies and Diego's stomach gets upset if he eats anything but his food. Rex nibbles like a cat. Also, Professor has put on some serious weight! So three times a day I put their food out in Tupperware containers and encourage them to eat. Rex has eaten a fair amount and Professor will eat if it is far enough from Diego. Diego gets distracted and sometimes looks for a place to poop in the middle of a meal so I have to sit there and keep everyone on track.
Professor absolutely hates Diego. If Diego messes with him, he runs to the bedroom and sticks his head under the bed. Rex is becoming more tolerant of Diego (see the Facebook video of him pulling on Rex's tail) and side benefit, he is tolerating Professor more too now.
So this morning after feeding and pottying them, I had my quiet time on the patio with Rex next to me, Professor on the other couch, and Diego played with his toys and ran all over the deck. Scott and I took all three pups on a short walk to a large field which wore out Diego,so he napped while I taught water jog and Scott went to help a friend. I even got a lunch and he was still asleep! Scott and I do trade off and Diego does take a bunch of naps. I took a nap already today, too!
Today is one of the rare days of summer that I don't have much to do. I got Adelle yesterday and we made food for a neighbor with MS and for my busy friends Alexis and Jeff. I enjoyed my time with Alexis. I do feel somewhat tied to home but that will get better.
Here is a cute pic of Professor choosing the smallest bed.







No comments:
Post a Comment