There is just one small problem. Don't judge me. I find myself thinking in Facebook statuses. Do you? I've just started that 100 happy days challenge so each day I have to take a picture of something that makes me happy and post it. That's cool, because it makes me think about happiness which fits with my faith and I share it, which also fits with my faith. But I also just think in Facebook statuses. Thank God I'm able to control that urge and only actually post these thoughts about once or twice a week, unlike some people on Facebook I know. I realize people aren't interested in my day to day thoughts and daily life. For example, I just had a thought, "first world problem, my fingernails are freshly polished and I have to go poop." Aren't you glad I don't post these thoughts? People probably don't really care about what makes me happy either. I know my daily Bible verses annoy many of my Facebook friends and family but I don't really give a rats behind. :). And then about weekly I feel these blog posts coming on. Then I just have to do them. At least people read these more voluntarily. And today's included my random status thoughts also. Oops.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Life is What You Think
I truly believe in that, life is what you think, both from my Social work training and my faith, but also by experience. I preach it all day long. So I pay a lot of attention to my own thoughts. I used to think a lot in to do lists, what do I need to do, what did I check off, what have I accomplished today. It really is no way to live life. It creates anxiety and an occasional feeling of satisfaction. So as read the Word and live out my faith, I am now thinking more relationally. Who can I serve or bless today? What does God want me to do or think today? It's awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment