This week alone I have so much to be happy about. Our Trubilee egg hunt on Saturday was a huge success. I got to hold Karlisha's baby for over an hour. Then at our TRU kick off, we had over 200 people! They were excited and hungry for God. We reconnected with old friends and friends who live in the community we didn't know did! And we've built amazing relationships with our TRU core group so it's a blast to worship and serve alongside them.
That's Pastor Dave, btw, being chocolate slimed at Trubilee.
Every Monday I get to go to work with the most amazing people. This is secretary appreciation week. I love them so much, and Angela, and Marvin and Tracy, and this year, Alexis. I love my sped staff and all the teachers.
On Tuesday I got to share my Cambodia presentation with 5 social studies classes! It was so awesome!
Tuesday nights I get to spend with our TRU Connect group. I look forward to it each week. We are so real with each other. This week, I walked to Jeff and Carmen's. She served us an amazing meal and peach sangrias. We chatted and laughed then learned about God. We wondered as ewe were chatting if any of the other groups were discussing times that their spouses had vomited on them! Yep, we are real. I asked Bryce if he would be my food accountability partner and he said yes. He said, " you won't have to text me about Tuesday because I already know you cheat very Tuesday!" It was hilarious. Then he asked what he was supposed to say when I text him that I've cheated and people were throwing out suggestions to him like, "You fat B-----!" We laughed so hard. After group I got to ride on the back of Jeff's Harley!
On Wednesdays I get to be a part of FCA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes. We have such an amazing group of kids. It encourages me every week. The kids teach and we just give a little input.
Then on Thursday after work, I get to be with my girls, the Homestead girls. I look forward to this time each week, to,hear their struggles and how God is helping them and to see their growth. It is truly amazing. I will take a picture today.
On Fridays we go to Chipotle and eat. I usually go to bed early. Scott is an amazing, understanding, supportive husband and I am truly grateful for him, too. We laugh together a lot. Last night we watched American Idol together on the back patio.
Then the weekends are for relaxing, getting things done(which I like to do), friends, Adelle, talking to the kids and rents on the phone, and TRU church. This Sunday we get to go back to our Westview small group as we've truly missed them. I can't wait to see them and catch up with all that's been going on in their lives.
I live a very blessed life. This 100Happy Days challenge will continue to be a challenge, but only because I have to choose!










No comments:
Post a Comment