Monday, February 17, 2014

More Sunny Florida

Day two.  Slept peacefully until 7:30 or so then got up and fixed coffee and had quiet time on the patio in the cool morning air.  Mom got up and I went for a long walk around the island, both in the resort and by the private residences.  Of course, I was dreaming about moving down here.  Lol.  
Ate our breakfast of sweetbreads and fruit which they deliver to us in a basket each morning then get some sun by the pool.  Showered up then had our lunch leftovers out on the patio.  Love the weather which is about skin temp, cooler in the shade and in the mornings and evenings and warmer in the sun.  
Boarded the launch which takes about 5 minutes to get us over to key west then walked around quite a bit along Duval street, shopping as we went.  We even had some ice cream!  We then took a pedicab to the little organic grocery store where Leah's friend Maggie works but she wasn't there!  So we walked back, a long way, stopping at the local library for a sec.  
We decided to check into the aquarium which wasn't too expensive and thought it was fun.  We saw some cool manta fish, some sharks, some coral, etc.  


We took the launch back to the island and I spent the afternoon by the pool reading and sleeping and sunning which mom rested.
Then we gussied up and went back over to key west.  We walked and shopped and realized we weren't terribly far from the burger place we'd researched on the internet.  It was up higher right along the sidewalk so we people watched while we ate.  I loved it!  The burger was delish, also.


We came back to the island to out little cottage and turned in early and read.  
Today we had our breakfast outside again  and I couldn't resist getting a little more sun before we showered up and packed up. 
 Today we plan to go over to key west agin, shop, eat, then take off for the airport around two.  I should be back to Manhattan between 11 and 12 pm tonight.
What a wonderful, perfect little vacation to take in February!  I loved every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment