Wednesday, February 19, 2014

God is so Good

Two weeks ago I blogged about trusting God with all the many things going on in my life.  I included verses about casting anxiety on God.  I called the entry Good Stress and Prayer.

The next day at Sunday school, Pastor Dave talked to us about starting a revival in each of us.  He had us raise our hands, mostly, I think to get people out of our comfort zones.  He said it wasn't really about raising our hands, but about full surrender to God.  He went on to use a visual of a person who puts their hands partway up or putting only one hand up.  I started just sobbing as I realized that's me!   I trust God, but I hang onto the things that I am supposedly trusting Him for.  I was just wrecked.  How many times do I need to learn this lesson before I stop doing this?  That night, my TRU group laid hands on me and prayed for me.

The following Tuesday, as I was helping some TRU friends through a crisis and waiting for one to give him a ride, I read something in a Christian magazine that said to truly pray powerfully, we need to stop telling God how big our problems are and start telling our problems how big our God is.  Wow, that really resonated with me.  Telling God how big problems are is exactly how I pray.

Last night as I did the lesson to prepare for our TRU connection group, I was reading about Moses.  The lesson said that God revealed His holiness, His power, His name, and His purpose to keep His promises to Moses.  Moses had to come to a place where he believed that God could do what He said He would do.  It said that God does extraordinary things through ordinary people because of their extraordinary relationship with Him.  All we need to do is be wholly consecrated to Him.  

This morning I looked up consecrated in the dictionary.  It means sacred, dedicated, honored, devoted, changed.  Yes, Lord, this is what I want to be.

My good stress list?  Almost completely answered.  Hannah is back in the states safely.  Leah and Scott and I agreed on a doable budget for the wedding.  And she got a teaching job for fall!  The Cambodia trip is fully funded ( and two somewhat stressful activities planned have been changed).  I had a wonderful trip to Key West with my Mom with both of us healthy and no bad weather and smooth travel both directions.  Adelle's mom got good news from her doctor.  Homestead group went well last week.  And we brought some warm weather back from Florida and it melted the snow!

I know that God causes revival in His people while preparing them to be used for great things.  I think that God is going to do huge things in TRU (He already is).  And in Cambodia.  I know if I stay consecrated to Him, I will experience no stress, and actually be filled with excitement for all He is going to do!

2 comments:

  1. I've been struggling with anxiety lately and this blog post really speaks to me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does anyone survive without God in their lives?

    ReplyDelete