Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cambodia Update

Whew!  That's done!  Found out this week while planning for the chili feed that we were to speak briefly in front of the church.  I prayed about what I should say and then just moved on with the preparation for the supper.  Adelle was a huge help at Walmart where I bought all the stuff for the chili.  I looked online and put together a few recipes and planned on feeding 150 people.  I figured more was better than not enough since we could take the leftovers to Homestead.  Then I spent over an hour yesterday browning the hamburger until I ran out of containers and energy!
Yesterday during my quiet time, I wrote out some things that I felt God wanted me to say in front of the church and when I called Deb, she gave me some I out but it was pretty much along the lines of what she was thinking!  Then in the night last night, God "edited it" in my mind.
So I got up earlyish this morning and did my quiet time and breakfast and got ready (Scott is doing soccer in KC this weekend).  I got to the church and unloaded my stuff into the kitchen and Karl and Wandean were around and helped.  I also pulled up at exactly the same time as Deb!  
And then I worshipped in front and went up with Deb and spoke when it was time!  God is good and I can do anything with Him.  Deb laughed at me afterwards because I was so weak and shaky! Did it second service too!
The chili feed went really well.  The Homestead girls jumped right in and helped and Chris and Bryce did most of the clean up!  Chris' little boy helped a whole bunch too!  He's so cute!  He told me he has big muscles as he was taking out the trash. Dawn came and helped too!
All together we raised over $1200!  I think that puts me at close to 2/3 of the way there as several friends told me they dropped by checks too.  So exciting!  
Deb and I.

Yum.
Homestead girls serving.  
Chris and Bryce working their hineys off during clean up.





No comments:

Post a Comment