Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mama

It's official.  I have opened every app on my iPad today.  
Yesterday after work, I drove to Leavenworth as Mom had surgery.  Dave took her to the hospital and waited all day.  He thinks I have the hard part.  Lol.  They'd just gotten home when I got here.  Mom had her bladder lifted under light sedation.  She did real well.  She went to sleep at 7 last night.  So I farted around, made myself some dinner, watched the voice, settled in.  Her cat had a huge owie on his neck and smelled like a corpse.  I've never actually smelled a corpse.  I finally went to bed in my little middle bedroom at 10 and read til sleep.
Mom got up several times in the night and I finally willed myself to wake up and get her a pain pill.  We slept then til 8.
Fixed mama some breakfast, had some coffee then I went for a run! I ran quite a way before I walked.  Got back and showered then caught the cat with a towel and put it in a cat carrier and took the silly thing to the vet.  It complained the whole way. Made a Wally World run then back to the house.  I did some work stuff, painted both our nails, had an early lunch, sat on the deck in the beautiful cool sunshine for awhile, played on the iPad, and read.  We hung out back on Mom's bed together while she rested and I fell asleep:).  Picked up the cat at the vet and I drove by my childhood house and grade school on the way.  Memory lane.  Ate some pizza for dinner and made mama some pumpkin muffins, then watched the voice and played on the iPad some more.  I went for a walk in the early evening.  Soon we'll watch Chicago Fire.  
If I was home, I'd have worked today and gone to the gym but at home would have done pretty much the same stuff.  With Rex.  And Scott.  
Home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment