Friday nights I am exhausted but relaxed and looking forward the the weekend ahead. I always take a nap after work then have a snack and go work out at 5:30. Step class plus some weights. Good stuff. Then I order our Chipotle and go get it and bring it home. If its nice, we eat on the back deck. Then we just chill. This Friday night we watched a movie about a guy in the fifties who wanted to prove that Polynesians were settled by Peruvians so he and a group of guys built a raft and put it in the ocean and drifted all the way across. It was cool. I never make it very late on Friday night before turning in.
Saturday mornings I get up after sleeping as late as possible which is now around 9 am. I take my time with my morning devotions and prayer journal. Then I make my to do lists and plan the weekly meals and make my grocery list. I love doing that! The best part of weekends is filling the pantry and fridge, cleaning to make everything shiny, fill the gas tank, getting the stinky laundry all clean and folded and put away, doing my nails, pick up new library books, and just take care of all the little things that have bugged me but I've ignored all week. I also like spending time with Scott. And Adelle. Adelle likes helping me grocery shop and run errands.
Last night we had some friends, Fedra and Jose and daughter Maya over for homemade enchiladas that I bought from an old friend. We met Fedra and Jose at the gym. They've been in my step classes for years and we've wanted to have them over for a long time. We had a nice dinner and drank chocolate wine, yum. We turned on the dance kinect game and danced until we were sweaty.
On Sundays, we've been getting up earlier than usual to go to Connection Hour at 9:45 because our TRU group has been meeting to "learn" how to be evangelical in our relationships and intentional,as we prepare to launch small groups and a church.
This afternoon I wrote a hands blog for Leah's blog, A Clover and a Bee, and then repotted a begonia plant to bring inside and made a flower thing for the front door.
The rest of the afternoon I want to talk to the kids and the parents on the phone and read my latest book.
Then Sunday evenings we meet from 6:30 to 8:30 with our small group of friends who've become very precious to us, the Funks, Turners, Ridders, and Quintanars. We have been meeting together studying the Bible and sharing our hearts for years now. These are the people who help us carry our burdens, who know the most about us, who hold us accountable and who love us unconditionally (and we do this for them, also).
I hope your weekends are as amazing as mine.




No comments:
Post a Comment