Sunday, May 19, 2013

Busy Weekend

      A busy weekend so I am relaxing today.  I took Friday off work and slept in, ran a few errands then Scott and I left for Newton.  We met Larry and Joanna for a late lunch with Leah and stopped by David's work place then helped Leah set up the food for her senior art show.  The show was a success.  Lots of people, around 200 came.  I worked hard just putting the food out!  Thank goodness Mojo's made the food!  We got home around 11:00.
     Saturday morning I went to the grocery store and then the nursery and bought beautiful rose bushes and flowers for the front and Scotty planted them for me!  So pretty!  And our grass is coming up!
     Saturday afternoon picked up Adelle and took her first to Elizabeth, my intern's grad party.  Then we raced all around town from grand mere to timber creek to 5 different graduation parties!  She did great but ate a lot of cake.  I resisted a lot of cake.
     At 4 I picked up my International buddy and her friend from Walmart and gave them a ride home then dropped into bed for a quick nap.  Scott had woken up Saturday morning all swollen up in the face and itchy and pink all over we think from a spider bite.  He was loaded up on Benadryl but felt like poop.  He did manage to get the planting s done, though.
     So around 5:30, I jumped in the car and drove to Topeka to pick up Julie and we found our way to Shari's birthday camp out party at Lake Perry!  It was fun.  Good to see Emily, Asa, Larry  and Jo again, season and Ian, Max and Sam, Lauren, reggie and the girls, and of course Shari and good to spend time with Julie.  There was a band, good food, cute t shirts with sayings for Shari's 50 years, and Shari's cute camper.  We took a look at the radar and zipped out of there just on the nick of time!  I raced home with the wind and lightening bearing down and made it back to MAnhattan 10 minutes before the storm!  It also must have stormed in the night.
     So today I'm taking it easy, sitting on the back deck before the next storms, catching up on phone calls, and resting up before the final week of school.  A busy weekend but a very good one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment