Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Old Couple

I had dinner the other night at Dad's retirement community with a couple who'd been married 65 years!  He has held together better than she has--she is a sweetie who looks like a cupie doll that's lost half its hair and she has some slight dimentia.  She told her husband three times during dinner that he hadn't eaten enough vegetables.  While she was at the dessert table helping herself to her second dessert he said to us, "She's going to come back over and tell me I didn't eat enough vegetables."  She did and he just said to her, "You take good care of me."  So when I asked him about being married for 65 years, he said, "I never thought I'd be in love with an old lady."  She looked at him funny and then realized he just said he was still in love with her and she smiled the sweetest smile.  So I asked what the trick was and he said, "Just say 'yes dear', frequently.  Also, say,' it was my fault' ".  They were an adorable couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment