Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Off to Chicago
It is now early Monday morning and I am on the train headed to Chicago with Dad and Jean! Yesterday after dropping Hannah off at the airport, I went to mom's to rest and shower. It was strange being in her house without her. Her cat cuddled me during mty nap which helped with the lonliness but I don't know how to deal with cats anymore. I got ready and headed to Mom's church which is now officially David's church, also! What an absolute dream come true for my Mom to have David as the Pastor of her church! The worship was good and David's sermon was wonderful as usual. He is truly gifted. It had layers like all good sermons--something for everyone. It was thought provoking and I plan to get my notes out and chew on them awhile. After church, we went to Ihop for a hearty breakfast (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and pancakes--yummmm). It was Mom, Dave, Roni, and myself and we were joined by Jon who was in LV to talk to a church about support. Went back to Mom's where I napped for two whole hours! We went to wally world for a charger for my phone ( I left part of it at home) and a shower gift for Sam. I said goodbye to Mom and headed off to Dad's stopping by Nebraska furniture mart and found it closed. I slept on the floor in Dad's study last night, well, mostly slept, then got ready and ate a delicious cinnamon roll and then we were off! I am now sitting on the Southwest Chief bound for Chicago! They really say "All aboard" when it is time to get on the train. The train feels about like I expected, kind of swaying side to side gently and whizzing along through corn fields. We haven't gotten up and walked around yet. There is alot more leg room than on a plane but otherwise it looks pretty much the same. Well, I guess it is two stories and we are on the top one. More adventure to come! And pictures, I promise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment