Saturday, February 18, 2012

Renovation Update

Frustration. Patience. Amazing amounts of dust. Excitement but wait, wait, wait, wait. My mantra, "Its going to be so great!" But Scott and I admit to each other frequently, "I don't know how much more of this I can take." We can't do a thing about the dust because there is so much dust to come that it is pointless to change the furnace filter or try to dust. So many broken promises. Like this week, "By next week we'll spray the ceilings and sand the walls and you'll be ready to paint" then a text that Rex had to go to a fire and that puts us back a day which is three days for Rex due to his job. Then I found out that it was a friend of mine's new house that burned, two weeks before their move in date. Unbelievably difficult after all the work that had to go into it. My heart just hurts for them. It really puts all this into perspective. Its an exercise in gratitude. It really is going to be so great! The dogs are starting to get that they aren't supposed to go into the new room to pee. The sheet rock and openings to the new room look so awesome! This place is going to be a castle! I am so excited and have tons of ideas for decorating (but no money and it is overwhelming). As I type, my computer keyboard is filled with dust. Scott is sitting here dusting off his screen repeatedly but the dust just settles back down. And we cough and cough. The dogs smell like dust bowls. The new bathroom and closet are dust filled. The new entertainment system is covered with plastic which is a joke because it, too is dust covered. All the things on every shelf will need to be dusted in great details. Enough. Enough. But its going to be so great, right??????

No comments:

Post a Comment