Saturday, February 18, 2012

Amazing Week

God is good. This was a very hard week but God was there and all the outcomes were good. We had tons of stressful things and some super fun things yesterday at work. We had to move one young lady to the Therapeutic Learning Classroom because of her anxiety and acting out because we just don't have any ideas left and she just resorts to refusals and tantrums. It is so hard. Another young man created a lot of stressful meetings, conversations and emails over the last few weeks also. Staff conflict and issues are the hardest part of my job. On Thursday it was my big idea to mediate three kids in the TLC room who are gang members and are all mad at each other which has been going on all year and causing lots of office referrals and suspensions. God laid it on me to attempt the mediation and so I had to lay down serious ground rules and had b www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYfv6BO5Whc ack up in case it flopped but it miraculously went really well and the kids have been much calmer since. These are kids who have heavy court involvement, etc...really a God thing that it went well. I hope it makes a huge difference but that is up to the kids.
On top of all this, I was fighting off a cold all week so though I didn't have supervision except on Wednesday, I also didn't go work out after Monday. This was huge for me. I got as much rest as I could and piled on the emergenC and fought the cold off for the most part. Nancy was gone Thursday and Friday so I picked up some extra stress including pregnancy rumors and drama. Middle School. Ugh.
Then yesterday we had the performance of the thriller dance for the kids to pump them up for State Assessments. I think it is one of the funnest things we've ever done at EMS. It was a lot of hard work, extra practices before and after school, even practicing at home. It turned out well (pics and video on my facebook page but I will put the link on here also. My mind went blank so I was copying the gal in front of me for much of it but it turned out well. The kids loved it--screamed and gave a standing ovation, lots of applause. Putting on the makeup and walking around school afterward as a zombie was pretty fun too.
Last night I picked up Adelle and we got some food then came to the house to eat then walked up to the high school to watch the girls basketball game. Adelle has three close friends on the team so we'd made them some posters. She held up the posters whenever they'd get the ball and kept switching them out rapidly. She has sooooo many friends that came to talk to her because she is such a happy, friendly girl. She loves writing on people's facebook walls. The game was tons of fun and we laughed and sang to loud music in the car, also, which is always fun. It is so cool to be a blessing to someone else but the blessings that come back my way are huge too.
So that leaves an entire free weekend to nurse my cold and get done all the things I dream about doing during the week that I can't do. But I will need to rest up for yet another stressful week at work ahead. Spring Break--I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment