The final part of Spring Break was grey, cold, blah, boring and sort of lonely.
Last week was a crazy blur, busy at work, busy at home.
Thursday night went to Junction to watch the girls win over Wichita West 4-0. Fun times.
Friday night met Scott at the Manhattan-Olathe North game and sat with the JC team AND the new MCC team girls! It was so fun! We had both teams over for cheesecake and pizza and good times. I really like the MCC girls so that is going to be a blast.
Scott got accepted to grad school this week. Everything is coming together for him. The recruiting is already going amazingly well with Rachel Lease that he's coached for years and just loved committing this week to come play. She came over Friday night to meet the girls too.
Then yesterday Scott wanted to go to Wichita to see one of his new players for next year--the goal keeper for Maize high school. He dropped me off with Leah and went on in to Wichita to watch her game and meet her parents and get to know her. He was very impressed. Leah and I had a wonderful time! We got food at her favorite restaurant--Chong's and ate it picnic style by the river. Then we went to David's brother's house and babysat one year old Colin. We took him for a long walk and then DAvid's mom came over. We went back to the mod and went downtown but everything was closed. I love to spend time with Leah and it was extra good to get some one to one time.
Today I got Adelle and we went to the library and grocery store and then came over here and made a facebook page for Adelle. (With her mom's permission--I am keeping the passwords). So we sent a friend request to about 15 people starting with the gal she considers her best friend and a boy she talked about constantly last year. They responded and confirmed immediately along with several others. When I got home from Bible study just now, I needed to open my email and her new one popped up and I cried as I saw a page and a half of friend confirmations and requests. She is going to be so unbelievable excited! She also started in special olympics track this week and I asked her how it was going. Her response: "Insanely good!" She had so much fun on facebook putting in her favorite sports teams, players, and commentators. Her friend, John, said "Yessss! Are you on facebook?!" and she answered, "Yes, as of today, thank you very much." Amazing.
Off to paint my nails, maybe call mom real quick, pay some bills, send some birthday cards to nephews, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment