Saturday, April 16, 2011

An Amazing Day

God is good because He knew after a hard week, I needed a perfect day. So I slept til 9 and got up and had my quiet time. Scott got up and was working on a paper for his class. He wanted me to tell him what his conflict style at home is. Ha Ha! You want the whole list? Yes! So I did. Which led to a long discussion, working stuff out that was good to talk out. Like free marraige counseling. So I did some laundry, took a shower, got some warm sweats on (my favorite USC sweatshirt in cheery yellow). Did I mention the sun was shining after a rainy Friday? I went to the grocery store. I still think its fun to get just the food we need for the week, all healthy, no extras or junk. Two bananas, two apples, two oranges, salmon, sweet potatoes, chicken, kashi cereal, almond milk, stuff like that. Only $139 all told! I got home and ate some pretzels and natural peanut butter and took a nap! The weather warmed up to shorts weather. Then I picked up Adelle and we headed to the mall. On the way, we saw a sign for a car wash for the family of the boy who was killed this week so we went. What a great idea! The grieving kids needed something to DO to help and here they were raising money for his family. His sister was there, his girlfriend was there, his footbal teammates were there, and tons of friends. There were hugs all around. Adelle even hugged Tyler's girlfriend for a really long time. I got tears in my eyes. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen Adelle hug anyone. She helped wash cars and had a wonderful time. Then we went to the mall and I tried on new shoes. I usually don't like getting new shoes for the gym because I end up spending too much and get ones similar to the ones I always get. This time, there were so many cute new styles out. I bought some black reeboks with hot pink soles and hot pink inside that shows through some. And they were about a third the cost of what I usually get! So I got some fun short socks in hot bright colors too! We went to the house and hitched up the dogs and walked down to old stadium where there was a soccer game with some of the MCC girls Scott will be coaching. He was there too. I saw an old friend and she liked talking with Adelle. We stayed for about half an hour then walked back to the house. I forgot to mention that on the way, we found $15 laying on the sidewalk with no one to give it back to, so I gave it to Adelle. Rex also pooped in a yard and we picked it up with a paper cup and laughed together about poop in a cup. At the house, we looked at Adelle's facebook page and she got choked up over a wall post about Tyler. We went to Target and I got some great deals on the things I needed--fun paper plates and napkins in bright colors for entertaining that were $1.50 a package! I needed some more work out shirts and they were $7.95 so I got a white one, a grey one with flowers and a dark grey one. I got some hot pink nail polish and some sunglasses --white with flowers on them like the ones I got a few years ago at Urban Outfitters that broke. Adelle bought herself a brownie with her own money (the money we found) and she liked that. I took her home and then made teriyaki chicken and brown rice. I was in such a good mood I let Scott listen to his country music while I cooked. He bought a stool and he likes sitting at the kitchen island with his computer to do his homework. After dinner we walked to Radinas where we are sitting right now at our computers! And the girl with the annoying loud voice left! What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment