Just before I left the house, I opened my email and saw that my favorite shop had buy one get one half price!
Got to Leah's and Emmet was excited to see me as evidenced by giggles. We played a little then headed on downtown for lunch at Ptairie Harvest (I had Shepherd's pie, Leah had tortilla soup, and Emmet ate zero of his Mac and cheese. Then while I shopped at Mainstreet and Company (and bought tons of fun things!) Emmet played with the dressing room curtains, went behind the counter and buzzed around the shop touching things. Then as I was checking out, he repeatedly grabbed Leah, face with both hands and planted sloppy kisses on her lips getting more aggressive til he was biting her lips! He kept saying mama, mama! And grabbed and kissed her. She said he never does that.
Buddy was tired when we got back to the house so I got some snuggles before he went down easily for his nap. While he napped, Leah and I napped and then had a great talk. She's 18 months along!
After naps we folded some clothes and played then decided to walk over to Mojos for some coffee. On the way, we walked through the leaves and played at the park. Emmet likes to go down the slide. At Mojos, there was a string group playing and Emmet was memorized. He stood still and watched and occasionally nodded his head and danced. Then he ate a warmed chocolate chip cookie and got chocolate all over his hands and face. On the way back to Leah's, we grabbed his wrists and counted to three then swung him up in the air to squeals of delight. He'd pull his hands back and run a few steps then stick his arms up and say, "oooone".
I love my Emmet time but not saying goodbye.





No comments:
Post a Comment