What makes a delightful weekend?
A Friday night must include a hard workout followed by Chipotle or Qdoba chips and vegging after a long week. And usually in bed by 9 reading and asleep by 10. Very needed, especially after this week.
Saturday mornings are for my quiet time outside in my favorite chair, then getting needed things done. It feels so good to get the cupboards and fridge refilled with food and the closet filled with clean clothes. When the fingernails a re painted and the dog groomed, it's icing on the cake. Following an afternoon nap, Saturday night I'm usually ready for some mild entertainment. This weekend, it was taking Mom to see The Big Sick and sharing buttered popcorn (while Scott went to the k state game).
Then this Sunday morning, I got to do something I have secretly wanted to do for years. I got to sing to Jesus from the stage as a back ground vocalist! No one but God knew I had this secret wish. A few weeks ago, Pastor Dave overheard me harmonizing and handed me a mic. I belted out a harmony and he liked it! What??? A few weeks ago he put me up there and I did ok! He worked with me this week more and I sang again on Sunday. I really really liked it! I have a lot more work to do but it is so much fun! AND he said I can sing back up at Praisefest! I am so excited about that I can hardly stand it!
Sunday afternoon, we drove out to Lake Wabaunsee, Mom, Scott and I. I floated around on the lake on an air mattress soaking up the sun (trying to stay on the floatie with all the boats making wakes) til Leah and Emmet came! We received some delightful news (will hold for now) then out Emmet in the water. He didn't mind his life jacket and squealed with delight. He splashed and kicked and tried to swim, all the while laughing. In the house, he played and squealed and laughed and jibbered in his private language. All the adults, two grandparents and three great grandparents watched him, thoroughly entertained. Emmet ran to me several times with his arms out. Once when I was holding him, he squished his nose up against mine while holding both sides of my face and then gave me an Eskimo nose kiss. Such a delight! My heart almost burst from joy.
I braved riding the jet ski with Scott. I've always wanted to. It was really rough and crowded so maybe next time I'll be braver.
We ate and drove home and watched Emmet play some more. He sat on the couch and put 4 remotes in a line then put then in a box and took them out, over and over. This weekend he played with Scott a lot and didn't cry once! Emmet says help and water and this. He gave his mama kisses and hugs. He snuggled me a bunch of times without being asked.
Leah and I and Emmet went to Early Edition and Target together and then they went home, leaving me time to rest up for another work week. I hope to talk on the phone with my other babies today, too.
My heart is full of delight!


No comments:
Post a Comment